05 February 2009

Winter Reflections (1)

The air is chilly...the trees are trying valiantly to leaf through the coldness (they were confused by a warm spell a couple of weeks ago)...and the sky is robin's-egg-blue. The PERFECT weather, in my mind, for a little indulgence. Classical piano is playing on my NPR station, a hot cup of tea is before me, and I have a new novel (just started) on my desk.

Imbolc passed quietly. Kitchen witchery (baking) and a little rededication to my Path. You can "feel" the season creeping up...sneaking toward Her revelation of self. I saw a robin on Monday--the first one in the yard. The mother mockingbird in our shrubs out back is chattier when I'm outside--it's near her time to lay and her nest is ready. There is a family of squirrels that have started chattering and playing more in the pecans. The snowdrops have come and gone, the paperwhites are spent, and the daffodils are starting their play. There's "promise" in the breeze...of warmth, of sun, of Spring.

This "tentative" between-seasons time is so lovely. To be in step with Nature on Her journey...to journey with Her on her cycle of dormancy and re-emergence is thrilling. Such energy...such potential...such inspiration.

Blessed Be!

1 comment:

  1. My, you do write well. :)

    My husband and I were just commenting on the gentle turning toward spring here. It's so cold, but the smell in the air is different...the light has changed...our backyard is alive with bird activity.

    You said it so well...to be in step with Nature on Her journey...I'm grateful for that awareness, for the opportunity to journey with Her.

    Thank you for another beautiful post!

    Blessings,

    Heartsong

    ReplyDelete