08 March 2009

Daylight Savings Cometh Early Once Again

I woke today to a "missing" hour of sleep...sort of. In all honesty, I stayed up last night to see what actually happens to one's cell phone and such during Daylight Savings night. Yup...I stayed up to see whether the clock would "jump" on my cell from 1:59am to 3am...and it did. Mystery solved. Anticlimactic, but still kinda fun.

So, this morning (sun up = morning...3am = dark), I woke at what my body registered as 8am and the clock registered as 9am. I went out to take the pups on their morning "business run"--and was astounded to see and hear all the critters and creatures in our yard and surrounding yards FULLY awake and playful. Usually on weekend mornings, the birds and squirrels who inhabit our little corner of Her world tend to be as slow in rising as the humans with whom they are neighbors. It's as if the world itself reset last night when all the clocks did.

And, with that observation, I'm launching into the "yay" portion of my blog for this episode. It's FINALLY sunny and warm rather consistently outside. I've caught sight of numerous nests being nurtured--our mother mockingbird is "on" more than "off" her nest...there is a pair of Carolina wrens who have re-downed their nest atop our front porch's roof post (I peeked in and there are three darling little eggs within...the CW mother was cautiously watching me from the other corner of the porch)...and the resident squirrels are spending more time in the hole in our pecan tree. The paperwhites are spent and the daffodils, carpet violets, and shamrocks in the yard are slowly coming into blooms of lavender, white, heliotrope (a cool color name!), and lemony-yellow. And the birds are launching a cacophony of song each morning.

She has returned in a quiet, soft, uber-feminine way. Even retail culture has noticed it--gone are the fluffy-warm sweaters and cordoroy slacks in the shops...come are the eye-popping Spring colors and thin fabrics in skirts and polos and tees. Open-toe weather is upon us...She likes the softening of our outlooks and our clothing. She beckons us to come outside--I'm taking my students into Her for lessons and lectures and just to get away from dreary spaces and fluorescent lighting.

Oestara is nearly here...Beltane's just around the corner...a full-moon is scheduled for Tuesday...it's a powerful and enticing and re-energizing time!

Welcome back, Dearest One! In the softness of moonlight and the warmth of Spring's arrival....Merry Meet, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment