15 October 2009

Blog Action Day 2009

"Blog Action Day is an annual event held every October 15 that unites the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day with the aim of sparking discussion around an issue of global importance" (http://blogactionday.org/). This year's topic is "Climate Change"...a topic one would think is singularly important for someone of my Path.

Guess what--it's not really that much in the forefront of my mind. I do hold that reducing greenhouse gasses is valuable to maintaining our planet and that recycling assists us in reducing our carbon footprint.
My dear friend's blog--"Heartsong's Hymnal"--states this apathy or antipathy best. "Scientists and environmentalists argue; politicians rail about emminent doom or scream that it's all for progress and for the best. Both the science and politics confound me. Since scientists haven't nailed it down completley yet, I don't feel too bad. " (http://heartsongshymnal.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-action-day-what-can-i-do-from.html)

I downsized my car...I reduced the mileage I rack up going to and from the campus...I live somewhat simply...BUT I don't walk as much as I could...I don't "buy local"...and I use needless electricity. I live, as we all do, as a contradition to myself.

Just a little thought...my "contribution" to today's cause.

Now back to the Lair's business...

No comments:

Post a Comment